Friday, Sep 13th - Six-O, Cleburne (steady action, mostly harvests)

Sep 14 2019

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22085
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/13/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 41 up 4lbs 0oz
Lures Used : hard plastic jerkabait, senko, curly tail t-rig

Brother and I fished Six-O on Friday under partly cloudy, hot, and calm conditions.  Action was steady with 27 harvested, 2 more "unders" flopped off the deck of the pontoon boat.  Returned 12 up to 4lbs 0oz.  Had my own "the one that got away" story - had a break off right at the boat of a good one - probably 6+.  Good, fresh, 17lb fluoro line and good knots, but this one was just a bit of lack of skill and an excess of excitement on my part.  The bass attacked my worm when it was almost at the end of the retrieve so he short-lined me and took a heck of run and I just tried to horse him in without enough line out to give a little - pop!  Followed by slamming hands down and stare into the distance!  Double-checked drag when I got home - and that one rig was tighter than where I normally like it.  That one was on me.  Pontoon boat worked great, big, beautiful ranch, covered boat cover to take a nice lunch break in.  Caught most fish on jerkbaits, watermelon/red t-rig curly tail, and green-pumpkin weightless t-rig senko - all activity along the weedline at around 12ft deep around perimeter of lake.  Blessed to be out!