Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22046
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 08/31/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22/ most 3 to 4 lbs
Lures Used : Frogs

Last time at Jer Mar the water was at least 2 feet deeper.  Also the last time the only color that worked was black.  We usually adhere to either black or white when throwing top water.  Yesterday we had to dig deep into our tackle bags and come up with the most bizarre colors and shapes of frogs. We always throw weedless. I did for the fun of it try a plopper tail on a hollow body frog. Didn't work for me as the skirts legs got in the way. So I trimmed up the skirt and it worked but didn't catch anything. I was ready to get back to catching instead of experimenting. Plus Jason was looking at me like the clown colored frog is getting blowups and your doing a science experiment. We only fished lower Jer Mar as we were concerned with chiggers in the grass. We repaired the front seat again in the V hull boat.  The plug is starting to leak a little so next trip I will either replace or dope it up and reinstall. The weather was great for late August slight breeze, high clouds and never reached 90.  Just a great place to throw top water.  Met Jerry on the way in and he was friendly as ever, he was walking the dogs.