Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21868
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 08/17/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19 LMB
Lures Used : frog; chatter bait; 7-inch senko

I fished Lakeside, Martins Mill on 8/17/19.  Mid-August, temps got up to 99 degrees, wind at 10-11mph, water temperature up to 89.  I started at dawn and finished at 2:15pm.  Success with frog, chatterbait and 7-inch senko. Despite all the challenges of the August conditions, I had a great day.  19 LMB, top 5 were 27.08, with a 6.8 kicker, followed by 5.8, 5.16., 5.1, and 4.2.  No culls today, and the smallest catch was 15 inches, with 8 between 1.8 - 2.77, and 6 between 3.0-3.96.  Fish were stacked under the dock and the marked brush pile closest to dock. A few photos are included, and these are healthy, fat, summer bass.

Aug 18 2019

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Those are nice fish and a 28+ pound sack is fabulous. Is the water continuing to clear and has there been any return of the pads at all?

Dave May

Aug 18 2019

Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hi Dave, there are no pads at this time and no signs of any emerging, but grass is starting to reach the surface near the banks of the arms.  The water clarity is stable and fertile, 18-24 inches, however, the cattle are in the lake pasture and muddy the arms a bit.  Another PWF member also suggested that I had a pretty incredible day for mid-August, that nobody on public water could match it and that we are totally spoiled by PWF lakes, where somebody like me describes a 27lb bag as only great. I looked at a couple of Lake Fork guide reports and they are all very challenged in August.  Pay $500 for a guide trip to Lake Fork, maybe you catch 2-4 fish, with some guides not even soliciting clients during August.  Tough, dog-day fishing. If you are a member of PWF, you can head to Lakeside, Martins Mill, being a shorter drive from Dallas than Lake Fork, at a cost of $85.00 per day, with boat supplied, no guide necessary, stocked forage fish, fat bass, a dock and marked brush piles, with no other anglers to compete with or water sports to get in the way.  It is almost unfair to the fish.  So, yes, I would agree that we are very spoiled by the opportunities provided by PWF.

Aug 19 2019

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Greg,

Thank you for the update as to the water clarity. I could not agree more with your sentiments regarding PWF. The opportunity to fish multiple productive fisheries of widely varying topography is truly a fabulous experience. 

Dave May

Aug 19 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Greg,

Wow! You summed it up. Thanks for the kind words about PWF. The Glory goes to our wonderful landowners!