Fly Rod Catches Bait Caster

Aug 12 2019

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Had a nice morning on Malouf with the fly rod.  Caught 14 bass with 8 in the two to three pound category and 6 cull fish.  Caught most of the fish fishing "deep" for the fly rod - 8 to 10 feet on sinking line using black and then white meat whistles and a clouser crawfish fly.  Most of the fish were caught on the west end of the lake (launch side) where the trees start and then end.   On the south end of the tree line I caught and landed a Pflueger Echelon bait caster rod and reel.  The tip is broken off of the rod but the reel looks and feels like it could be put back in action.  I'm guessing there's a good story that goes with this set up.  If you've been hoping someone would fish out your rod one day - well that day has come.  I've attached pictures.  Your bait caster put up a damn good fight on my fly rod - dang near broke me off : ) 

Aug 12 2019

Jeff Cavitt

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

There is a open face reel, Samsung Galaxy 9 Note, and a pair of prescription glasses in this area of Weston SW Lake. My friends rod went in the water and when he lunged after it, it rocked the boat and we both went into the water. We know those are gone, there could be more items sitting on the bottom. ;-)

Aug 12 2019

Jeff Cavitt

Fingerling

Number of Posts :