Brent Chandler

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21892
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 07/28/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19, 1-4 lbs
Lures Used : Topwater, Texas Rig Lizards and Lizards, Swimbaits

I took my cousin fishing at JerMar Lake in Van Alstyne.  Both of our families are from Van Alstyne (in fact his parents still live a couple of miles from the lake), so it made the trip even more memorable. 

We got the property before sunup and the gate was already open for us. Once we got to the lake, the boat ramp (aka as spillway) looked a little steep but it wasn't a problem.  At day break we started throwing top waters and caught a few.  The underwater vegetation extends a good ways from the bank and is really thick as I had to pull the weeds off the trolling motor a few times. 

So we then started throwing weedless Texas rigged lizards and worms.  Once we made it to the northern end of the lake, I caught a nice 3+ lber.  By that time my cousin had only caught a few, so I told him to tie on a swim bait and fish the outside edges of the weedlines.  He started catching a few more and then caught two nice 3 lbers, so I joined in as well.  We went around the lake throwing weedless swim baits in and around the weeds and caught quite a few more fish.  

It then started to get hot so we made our way back to the damn.  I literally said "last cast" and threw my Texas Rigged Lizard (blue black with chartreuse tail) down the bank, and caught the biggest fish of the day...a really nice 4+lber.  

We then went to Hooters for our celebratory meal (and ice cold cerveza).  Overall, it was a really good day.