Slow Morning at Rock Chimney - 7/23/19

Jul 23 2019

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Glad to finally get out fishing after taking a couple of months off due to a tender back! Hit Rock Chimney at dawn and fished the morning under partially overcast skies and a ne wind. 

Had one topwater bite (a 3lber) by 7:30 and then switched to a number of other techniques before having any additional success. All remaining action, 4 LMB between 1.5 to 3lbs, was had using finess gear on a Carolina or weightless rigged setup (black and blue 10” ribbon tail worms & 5” sticks).

Had a nice chat with Mr. Stanley before heading home! Nice morning at a great venue!

Bob

Jul 23 2019

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hey there Bob, I think you should have tried the fly rod, Mate. That could have turned the tide!

Jul 23 2019

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Jim,

I used the fly rod for the first hour with a weedless popper till the wind picked up at 7:15am. Not proficient enough to cast effectively I the wind yet! Had a blast using the new fly rod and will definitely give it a go at each location in the future! Appreciate your input to my earlier question and can’t wait to land my first bass on the new gear! 

Bob