average day on 6-0

Jul 12 2019

John Jordan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished 6-0 again for about the 25th time since I have been a member. To date my best was a 10lb about 12years ago. The next was a 8lb last year. But since then the bigger ones are hard to find. There have been a few in the 3 to 5lb range, but they are rare. This lake is loaded with bait fish and and small bass. The grass cover that surrounds the banks give the fish plenty of cover and makes the water crystal clear. Eight to 10 ft of viability. The has been full for past couple years, the old tank dam on the north end is still under water, but visible. Each trip I have managed to remove 20 to 40 under the 14in range, but this is not putting a dent in the population. The bait of choice has always been the soft plastics, wacky worms. sinkos and bass assins. This property is only 60-miles from my house and the price is still in range. Yesterday  the water temp was 85-88, removed 35 and returned 3, largest was a 3.4lb.

Jul 12 2019

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That clear water can be tricky. It makes those bass alot more finicky.  Long casts, finesse setup, and stealthiness.