David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21738
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 07/06/2019 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2
Lures Used : lots

Unfortunately, it was a 5 inch dink that I foul hooked by impaling the poor thing with a 5 ounce lure twice its size, apparently as it the lure struck the surface after casting. 

I fished SW Weston this morning and, like Jim the night before, had slow going. I was prepared for an 8-9 mph south wind based on the weather reports however, it was calm and slick as you can see. The air temp was about 78 degrees at 6 am and 95 or so by noon. Minimal cloud cover and no wind at all. Water is murky with visibility to 12-16 inches. I did not take my electronics however I suspect the water is in the low 80's range temperature wise and a bit higher in the south, shallow end and there is no significant vegetation problem thanks in part to the massive carp you can see lounging around the banks.

I started the day bank fishing the north (dam) end and the brush piles in that area with no success, moving about 8 am to the boat. There were not even fish breaking the surface today, nor was there a top water bite the entire day. I did manage, later in the morning, to catch a 3+ pound LMB on a TR purple craw off the brush pile just west of the overflow. 

Lures used included MS Slammer, Huddleston vortex tail 9", Senko wacky rigged and TRigged weightless, TR Craw, white spinnerbait, white and green pumpkin chatterbait, whopper plopper, buzzbait, rattle trap in red craw and sexy shad, jig, square bill shad color and deep diving chartreuse cranks, 12" curly tail worm, Neko rigged senko.