Rudi Reetz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21358
Property Name : Waterboo Lake: Bedrock Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/19/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 fish 13-15"
Lures Used : frog, TR worm

Crying because my 13 year old son bailed out on me last minute and I had to go alone. At least I got to fish a couple hours--last reservation I made was for Beaver Lake and he also bailed out and I didn't get to fish at all because last minute change in plans. Fished Waterboo from 4:30 to 7:30 pm and caught 8 bass total. All were in the 13.5" to 15" range (5 culled). I picked this lake because so my son could catch numbers and practice using his fly rod some but since he wasn't there I tried to focus on catching the "overs". In reality, I think you can catch fish on this lake using any lure or presentation you want. It was clear blue skies, warm 80s, light north wind, water temp 79F and the day before the lake probably received some heavy rain so water was stained and had maybe 18" or less visibility. Caught them on the side of the lake where you launch 3 to 6ft deep. Most action around the point to the right of creek channel. Caught two on topwater frog, 1 on horny toad, couple on pumpkin lizard TR, fluke, kut tail worm and underspin. This lake is on a super nice ranch, very secluded. lots of great scenic views driving to the lake. Pack of wild hogs was grazing on the dam. Camping area with electricity looks super nice. Will definitely go back since this is only 1 hour door to lake from my house...hopefully with my son next time.