Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21255
Property Name : Waterboo Lake: Bedrock Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/17/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 48 bass 24 bream 1 crappie
Lures Used : Flies

My buddy Paul Prosser and I fished Waterboo today - I think this place is fly rod heaven.  We were both on fly rods and between us managed 73 total fish - 48 bass (all on the small side - 42 culled and 6 returned) two dozen bream - some of them really big and one decent crappie.  This place is always a blast on the fly rod.  Clear water, flats, the creek, wind protected, lots of easy to fish grass all adds up to a great place to take a fly rod (or really any fishing rod) if you're into volume over size.  Paul was a foot all day and caught most of his bass right by the launch.  I was on a SUP and was all over the lake and caught fish everywhere - in the creek - in the flats close to the creek, along the east bank and the west bank by the dam.  The long drive down the ranch road sets the mood and calms me down and seeing the beautiful lake after you crest the final hill makes me feel like a little kid gettin to go fishin again.  Love this lake.  Thanks PW.  

May 18 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Nice harvest!!!

May 18 2019

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

When everything is just right - like it was yesterday - the fly rod can be a culling machine.