Took Time to Find Them at 9G

May 15 2019

Larry Jordan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Started at daylight at 9G Ranch on 5/14, with clear skies and no wind. Caught one small bass early on a Whopper Plopper and a bit later a 4.5 on the same lure. The next 4 hours were spent searching for bass that seemed nowhere to be found. After fishing deep water grass, surface grass, the dam, and most anything else I could think of, I noticed one shoreline that had scattered, thick grass out from the shoreline about 10- 15 ft., but open water from the bank out to the matted grass. Why not try it? In a stretch of about 100 yards I caught 13 bass in about 45 minutes, all in 1-2 ft. of water, and all on a T-rigged senko. Most were 2-3 lbs. with one 4.6 and one 5.9. That one stretch of water made the day after going without a bite for a good portion of the morning. As is usually the case, 9G delivered again! 

May 15 2019

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Glad your day turned out well Larry.

May 15 2019

Christopher Roberts

Fry

Number of Posts :

Glad you found them…really like 9G…can you tell us where this stretch was that you found them?

May 15 2019

Larry Jordan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Christopher, after you leave the cove where you launch, they were on the shoreline to the immediate right, from there down to the next cove. There is some vegetation growing in the edge of the water in a few places along there, but mostly pretty sparse in the way of cover. The cover where I expected them to be was further out away from the bank. I have seldom caught fish on that shoreline that shallow in the past. Go figure!