Rick Drummond

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21284
Property Name : Waterboo Lake: Bedrock Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/13/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 62 cull, 1 over cull
Lures Used : Top water, Wacky worm, Spinner, Jig

Nice day even with bluebird sky.  Didn't have to fight the wind much at all and water a little muddy but not bad.  Went up into the feeder creek and water is very, very clear.  Could easily see the bottom and the small bass running from the boat.  Nice looking lake and Ranch.  Easy boat launch.  Had fun catching numbers and the bass hit hard.  Most culls were thin and were small females.  I think there are so many smalls in the lake sharing food, they don't have a chance to get chunky.  Cull is a good thing there.  Caught one fish that was 17".  Lake is full of hydrilla out to about 20 ft from banks with some out to 40 ft out, which will make it perfect when the cull is over and bigger bass take over.   You can easily fish top water over it or pull worm through it.  

May 14 2019

Rick Drummond

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Steve.  Yes, removed all 62.  Took an hour to filet them.  Still plenty of meat even on small ones…if you have that many.  Elec filet knife was warm to say the least.  My son was in from college and I took my dad, so we could have a day of fun.  It was fun.  We had many doubles and once close to all 3 of us having fish on at the same time but lost one before we got it to the boat.  We caught 5 big crappie on…yes my favorite, a Pop-R.  Morning bite was best but once we got a few shadows late, they starting hitting hard again.  It got really slow during middle of the day but they all do.  Like I said, to me, it is a nice lake because of the hydrilla and the wind being blocked because it sits in that valley.  It's the place to go if you don't want to get skunked.  

May 14 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

We removed 400 bass last year and looking to to the same this year. It takes years to make a difference. 62 is a great hel!!!!! Did you remove all 62? If so, we still have more than 200 to go for this year. removing the small bass opens up more of the food chain to feed the remaining bass.

Steve