Harrison Papaila

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21099
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 05/11/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32/up to 6.11 pounds
Lures Used : jigs/pitching

Fished all day Saturday in the rain. Temp in the 60's, rainy with light to moderate winds, and visibility under a foot.

Caught my first bass on a whopper plopper at 6:50 between the launch and dock. Third bass of the day at 7:15 on a jig in the same area ended up being the fattest at 6.11 lbs. 

Fished hard all day, mostly pitching into thick vegetation along the dam and back channels. Didn't attempt any open water or brush piles. The fish were all healthy post-spawn fighters. Longest went over 22 inches, with several over 20. Ended up with 32, only 4 culls. 

Had a nice lunch break at the gas station/burger joint in town. Thought the rain was done after lunch. Made the tactical error of ditching my rain gear. The sky opened up when I was in the furthest area of pond from the dock, so I had to spend the next hour in the penalty box (truck) attempting to warm up and dry out my clothes. The sun came out around 5:30, and the fish seemed to quit biting. Caught a few on a chartreuse square bill to end the day. 

Most fun I've had in a while. Will certainly be back to Martins Mill.