Jason Pautz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20997
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/12/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 all under 14"
Lures Used : Black Wooly Bugger, and Bass Popper

Fished from 2:30-7:00, landed (3) small LMB all under 14".  Windy, and slow today, had to work really work hard to land the ones I got.  Had several strikes around the marked brush pile by the dock and caught one there.  Saw several massive carp (10-20 LBS) that were located in the shallow areas on northeast side of the lake.  Wish I had some carp flies with me, it might have made for a exciting afternoon.

Apr 15 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Jason,

Thanks for making your first fishing report. Sounds like you are a fly fisherman. I have a hard enough time fishing for bass with conventional tackle. Fly fishing takes it to a whole new level of difficulty. But, it is all about the challenge…right?

Steve

Apr 16 2019

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Jason - I fish flies almost exclusively.  My favorite fly lakes are Waterboo, Valley Mills and Six O because the water is usually really clear at these lakes and I think the flies work better there.  If you’d like to fish together sometime let me know.  

Apr 18 2019

Jason Pautz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Kevin- Thank you for reaching out.  I exclusively fly fish as well, so\ let's try and meet sometime soon.  It would be great learn some of your techniques and flies that you use on the lakes.

Apr 18 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I've done a little fly fishing with poor results. I usually catch weeds, trees and myself more than anything else. Caught my first fly fish ever, a LMB, recently at Clarksville Jones Lake - a tiny little guy. I think I'll stick to what I know works for me. 

Apr 18 2019

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Jason - email me at kevin@fullermediations.com and let's try to book a lake together.