Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20858
Property Name : Slaughter Lake
Reservation Date : 04/07/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 fish 3lb the biggest 1 Harvest
Lures Used : Spinner bait

Mike & I fished Sunday afternoon.  Water temp was 66-69 degrees.  Water clarity was 6  inches.  We caught 7 fish.  First time on the lake and had a hard time figuring it out.  Spinner bait was what worked.  Biggest was 3 lbs.  Harvested one.

Apr 08 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Rick,

We are headed there this weekend to check it out.  Were the fish relating to the bank?  Spawning activity?  I see there a few areas of standing timber and pockets that look interesting.  Thanks.   

Apr 08 2019

Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Chris  except down by the dam most of the lake is 3-5 feet, maybe 6 in a few spots.  At least that is what we found. It was also pretty muddy the day we were there.  There were a bunch of big carp that were very active in the back behind the barb wire fence stirring things up. Yes, there is a lot of timber out in the middle where we thought they should be, but couldn’t get any bites with anything. Where we found them was along the edges, but no real pattern.  Also by the dam there is some real nice deep water were marked a lot of fish, but couldn’t get them to bite.  I think that’s were the big girls are. Didn’t see any spawning activity. Also not much wind so there were a lot of bugs, recommend you take spray.  Good luck.  Hope you do better than we did.

Rick

Apr 08 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks Rick.  I appreciate the information.  I’ll submit a report after Sunday.