Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20872
Property Name : Bridle Oaks Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/05/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32 up to 3 pounds
Lures Used : Whopper Plopper, POP R, Senko Texas rigged and wacky rigged

Fished a foggy morning and partly cloudy early afternoon with my brother. Lake was cleared and 67°.  I was concerned with previous reports saying how the lake was clogged with vegetation, but that was not true at all for our trip. We fished from the shallow end to the dam with no problems getting around. In fact we caught the biggest bass in the middle of the lake where vegetation came to the surface. The area just out from the boathouse proved to be a hotspot. 

Launching our small boat was very easy from the shore. And we were constantly serenaded by all the cows there.

It was foggy that morning so we started with top waters and immediately got into the fish. I used a shad colored Whopper Plopper 75 and couldn’t hardly put it down. When the sun peaked out and switched to pumpkinseed Senko’s, the action never stopped. We also caught one huge bluegill! My brother caught most of his on a bass colored Pop R. We had a great outing!

So if you’re thinking of going don’t hesitate due to vegetation. The lake is full and in great shape and you will have a wonderful time I’m sure.