Beautiful day and lots of bass!

Apr 04 2019

Darrell Collier

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished Monday 4/1/19 (no foolin') with my brother.  Arrived at 7:30 AM on chilly 38 degree overcast morning, but by afternoon temps reached low 60s with sunshine.  Fished all day long, no lunch break, til about 7:00 PM.  The property is absolutely beautiful, and the lake is very impressive.  Thick cover line the entire shoreline reaching about 30' into the lake most places.  The provided pontoon boat is perfect to work inside the trees.  The fish typically hit very hard.  Few fish still had eggs.

Caught 60 LMB, 5 over 16" (largest 3.25 lbs.), culled remainder.  We lost about 5 more in the trees or short-strikes.  Approximate counts/lures/location:  20/wacky & texas-rig watermelon red senko/in the trees within 30' of shore; 20/Rat-L-trap black over silver/in trees, main lake, found school near dam on north side; 10/chatterbait white-chartreuse-smoke skirt w/ white forked trailer/in trees, most close to shore; 10/ buzz bait white/in trees very near shore, all around 5:30-6:30 PM. 

This was my first trip to La Roca, but won't be my last!  My brother and I discussed that the fish will likely be even more active as it warms up a bit.  PWF, thank you for adding this property!  Members, don't miss your chance!