Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20432
Property Name : Live Oak Creek
Reservation Date : 03/25/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28 Biggest around 3lbs
Lures Used : Flies - Mostly Black Wool Buggers

Fished Valley Mills Monday with fellow member Chris Casner.  We stuck with fly rods all day and ended up with 28 bass and around a dozen really big bluegills.  Top water bite was no really “on” yet and black wooly buggers seem to be the fly of the day.  Most productive part of the lake was in fairly close to the shoreline along the rock edges on the south side of the lake - closest to the owner’s house.  You can see the rock ledges easily from the bank.  The water is really clear and we saw many bass and they are starting to bed. Met the owner John Moody - super nice guy.  He told us there is a snapping turtle about the size of a kid’s swimming pool somewhere in the lake.  We didn’t see it but I don’t think I want to either.  It’s a beautiful little lake and has tons of fish in it.  

Mar 26 2019

Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

This lake is on my bucket list….WTG gentlemen

Mar 27 2019

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

The lake is fairly shallow, with grass coming up making it even shallower. Get there before the grass makes it to the top.  I enjoyed watching the horses playing around and splashing in the water and the numerous turkey sqabbles early and throughout the day.