Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20675
Property Name : Gallant Elm Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/23/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 120 mostly small
Lures Used : various

I was touring the hill country with my wife I got a chance to fish this gorgeous property in Medina.  The water was very clear and the fish were super aggressive.  I fished from 2:15 till 6:45 and caught a lot of fish.  They were biting on whatever you threw at them for a while.  Fishing just above the top of the grass was the key and in places you could see the grass 10 feet below you.  Most of the fish were less than 14 inches but I caught some decent fish as well with the biggest ones going well over 4 pounds

The weather started out cool and drizzly and about 4:00 the drizzle stopped and the sun came out and it reached the low 70s.  My wife and I both were taken back by how beautiful this property is.  We also got a chance to meet the owners and they were super nice as well.

Mar 24 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Bruce. Good to see y’all removed that many small ones. I think Medina is a great property and once more of the small ones are removed it will be even better. 

It has all the needed environments:

Deep water

Standing timber

Sheer cliffs

Brush piles 

Submerged vegetation 

30+ acres

Bill Fetech

Mar 24 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

This lake could really be something special, if you guys will harvest like Bruce. Removing 120 bass is awesome, but we need to remove another 1500 this year. Please do your part!

Thanks Bruce. 

Mar 24 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Steve. Last year there was a plan to have a “culling” weekend at Medina. Is that still an option?

Bill

Mar 25 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Bill,

Likely not a culling weekend. I think one or our former members asked about doing that. But, like all lakes if you will harvest during your reservation we can make a difference. Bruce Brenard is a superstar for the club and removes 300 to 500 fish for us each year. If our members will follow our lead in harvest where we ask you to harvest we tend to see the average size bass really increase. Harvesting opens the food chain for the bigger fish to eat. These small 8-14" bass are like hungry teenagers leaving less food for the big girls that we all want to catch.

Steve

Mar 25 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Steve. Thanks for the reply. I assumed they had coordinated that with you. 

If anyone is interested in joining with me to cull as many as possible in a day let me know. 

Bill