Boat Shed handy for Thunderstorms

Mar 12 2019

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20509
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/09/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 @ 3.3, 3.6, 2.7, 2.5, 3.2, 3.4, 4.5 (Sam weighs and measures them all )
Lures Used : streamers, weightless fluke, chatterbait, sinking rapala

My son and I fished MK Ranch all day Saturday. Very nice clear lake,Drizzling rain in morning and breezy 12 mph; caught a couple of 3’s right away on streamers rigged as drop shots in shallow 1 ft water.   About 930 am a big blue thunderstorm rolled through heavy dumping buckets and a few hail chunks.  We pulled thankfully into the boat shed and took cover, Sam caught a 2.5 during the storm from under the shed on a white chatterbait sitting on bottom.  All bites came on slow or motionless (usually while Sam was picking out a backlash).

Skies cleared around 11am for sunshine and continued wind.  Occasional bites through the day with largest 4.5lb around 3 pm on a gold countdown rapala with slow retrieve.

Water temp 60-62. Vis 6-7 ft.

Note: The seats on the pontoon boat have deteriorated unfortunately.  The backs are broken away and could really use an overhaul or replacement.  We used the jon with my anchor and troller and went okay.  The boat shed is super handy for the Texas weather.    

Sam with 4.5lb:

Mar 12 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice fish Sam