Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20253
Property Name : Boatwright Lake
Reservation Date : 03/10/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 50 most under 14 inches
Lures Used : Senko and Texas rig

My wife and I fished from 9:30 am to 4:30pm.  Caught over 50 probably.  Lost count.  Harvested 35.  Most fish cage on wacky rigged senkos.  Color didn’t seem to matter.  Worked around shoreline cover.  They seemed to be holding on trees and bushes more than grass.  Used the senko when covering water, but when we pulled up to a good looking bush or a tree I picked up the flipping stick with a t-rig brush hog and picked it apart.  The larger fish came on the brush hog.  A few were 2.5 lb range.   I did manage to get my truck stuck in the mud on the way out by trying to turn around by the launch area.  I would suggest staying on the path and reversing to that deer camp area.  There it should be dry enough to turn around safely.  

Mar 10 2019

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Jason,

I fished that tank last August and noted significant weed growth rimming the lake with local concentrations of algae, which prevented us from casting close to the shoreline from the Jon boat. Can you comment on the status of the aqueous weed growth? From your report it appears that that might not be the case right now.

Bob

Mar 11 2019

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

It’s not too bad right now.  I was actually able to throw a squarebill crankbait a little bit in some areas without dredging up salad on every cast.    I’m sure the grass will be coming as the weather warms up though.  I haven’t fished this lake in the summer, so I don’t know how bad it gets.  Last time I fished it was about the same time last year. Water was quite a bit higher this year.