Mar 10 2019

Christopher Roberts

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20518
Property Name : Live Oak Creek
Reservation Date : 03/09/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 16 / 3.5lbs
Lures Used : Chatterbait bluegill colors, crawfish pattern rattletrap, shad colored jerkbait, watetmelon senko

Took my 13 year old son and wife to Valley Mills Saturday the 9th for the afternoon. Got to ranch around 1 and on the water by 1:30ish. Drove around to larger boat launch area and easily launched 16ft tracker vhull. Drive was dry, but can see how any decent rain would likely make it very difficult. Now to the fishing. Water temps at 61 and fish were on beds and up shallow for the most part. Ultra clear water, easily see bottom 10ft, thus saw several bass bedding deeper than normal. We only fished for about 2.5 hours and caught 2 bass around 10inches and then another dozen around 12 to 14 inches, all culled. Returned a few around 2.5 to 3lbs with largest coming in chatterbait at 3.5lbs. All seemed well feed and many with eggs. Lots of grass growing but still under the surface. Fish were all over lake...probably saw more than 50 bass. This is a cool property, and would be a great lake to take newer fisherman just wanting to catch a lot of fish and/or wanting to stock the freezer. Good luck.

Mar 10 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Christopher,

Thank you for the report. I will be trying the lake soon as it is only about an hour from home. Glad it was easy to launch your boat

Mar 10 2019

Christopher Roberts

Fry

Number of Posts :

Just to be clear about launching your own boat at the “large boat launch” area marked on the map…I can see that if there is decent recent rains it could be very difficult if not impossible to do. But yesterday, it was dry and we didnt need 4wd. Enjoy the lake!

Mar 13 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, Christopher. Sounds like you had a great outing. I'll be fishing there soon so I appreciate your info!