Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20394
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 02/27/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 fish one 7, one 5 and three 4"s
Lures Used : Perch color 3/8 oz.rumba doll spinnerbait with white trailer

My report is a mirror of what Larry Jordan reported on his trip Tuesday. I arrived at noon on Wednesday and was really surprised to see the dirt work and muddy water at what has been a pristine fishing spot. Knowing that quality fish were swimming i launched and headed out with hopes of a good afternoon. I had not seen his report so I started out with a crank bait and rattle trap. I tried a lizard and some creature baits which bombed out too. Fished three hours without a bite. Oh well time to play like Jimmy Houston so I tied on a perch color spinner bait and hit the bank. Bam first fish was a solid four pounder. I slugged on until the front hit and had 5 bites and boated five fish. All nice fighters, two more 4"s a 5 and the big fish was a solid 7 that required getting the net. The 7 made the day. Overall a tournament winning bag from 3 to 6 pm. I am gonna miss the lily pads. It was raining when I left and had to slip on the 4x4 to get the trailer up the bank, the grass was really slick. My first day on a PWF lake in 2019, GOOD Day!