My first fishing report

Feb 09 2019

Nathan Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Decided to take the kayak / pond prowler duo out to Hat & Star on 2-2-19 with my fishing partner Sam!

Got to the lake as sun was coming up and got right to fishing! I went straight out towards the dam and Sam decided to hit the bank going the opposite direction so we could figure the fish/pattern out faster! Immediately Sams first two cast he caught two unders that he started a stringer with on a wacky worm.

We ended up culling 10 bass total for the day. Not much longer after that I caught a nice 4lber on a A-rig out in front of dam and then again  15 minutes later or so another good fish hit the A-rig this time off of the main point! 6lber! That would be the biggest of the day!

Sam and I both caught many more fish throughout the day randomly here and there with everything from a dropshot to a big ole Spoon! Awesome day of fishing with perfect weather! One thing I have noticed each time I fish this lake is that bass are always schooling up Shad! Winter, Summer it don’t matter you will see bass hitting Shad on top! 

We ended with over 20 fish total I would say with a lot of solid 3-4lbs fish! I have fished this lake 4 times now at different times of the year and it never lets me down! One of my favorites for sure!

Feb 11 2019

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

Nathan,

Great report! Would love to see some pictures of the 3-4 lbs. bass and the 6 lber! You can always send us pictures at info@privatewaterfishing.com and we will feature them on our social media pages and website!