Can Lightening Strike in the Same Place Twice? Maybe.

Jan 15 2019

John Egan

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Bank fished on Jan 10 with my son. Weather was not ideal, but our schedules matched up for a trip. Air temp at 8AM was 41. Sky was overcast. It appeared the lake had recently experienced flooding. Both fish feeders were knocked off into the water and there was a flood line of debris (looked like mulch) up several feet along the banks around the lake. Water visibility was probably less than 1 foot. We started fishing from the dam then continued to walk toward the bridge. Caught a few, but nothing too interesting . Getting close to finishing the day, we arrived at the spot I hooked a 7 lb 0 oz.  last February. You can still she that photo on the website. Anyway, after excessive bragging, I pitched my wacky worm out toward the same spot and "viola". Could it be the same fish, but this year it had grown to 7 lb 10 oz.? In my usual panic with a big fish brought to the bank, I pulled it up about 10 feet on land so I would not lose it. In doing so it got a good coating of all that debris I mentioned. Anyway, the fish was fine when put back into th water. Next year maybe it will be over 8 lbs.

Jan 15 2019

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

John,

Whether or not that is the same fish is up for debate; however, bass that big typically will frequent the same areas or specific place to feed and likewise so will other large bass.

Once you identify a place like this you can somewhat call your shots like you found and catch big bass from time-to-time.

Cole PWF

Jan 15 2019

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice fish John! Way to start the New Year!

Bob

Jan 16 2019

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Well done, John. Nice fish for cold water in January.

Jan 16 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great fish. Congrtulations