Jan 05 2019

Shawn Brogan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20085
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/05/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 @ 15”
Lures Used : Everything from swims, Tx rig, Tokyo, Carolina, neko, Ned, drop, a-rig, slow roll spins, jerk

Beautiful place, quiet and peaceful, easy access, good roads! Lake was completely flooded from recent rains water color chocolate milk, probably 8’-10’ high at least. Water temp 46-49 degrees, todays high was @ 60 degrees after a week of cold weather.  Launch was completely submerged so we launched my 20’ Xpress w no problem from the bank, firm ground. High water had trees and underbrush flooded, graphed and scanned the entire lake several times, saw very few fish or bait, possibly in the flooded timber that was too thick to get into w a boat. Only caught one and threw the entire tackle box. Will definitely return to try again when water resides. Loved the lake

Jan 06 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Shawn

The lake is in a nice setting. At normal level, there are some brush piles in the lake. 2 in about 10 fee of water out from the dock about 100 or so feet to the left and right of the dock. One right at the causeway to the dock. Another in front of the spillway and one on the opposite shore from the boat ramp about 200 feet from the dam in about 8 to 10 feet of water. Good luck

Jan 06 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

PWF sunk about 60 red cedars in the lake in September of 2018. These 60 trees represent about 8 large piles. All piles are marked with rebar that are sleeved with PVC. Likely all markers are completely under water. When lake is “normal” level PVC sticks out of the water about a foot. At this level the piles are in 7-9 foot of water.

Jan 07 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Want to try this lake out.  I thought I read the club boat had disappeared.  Any idea on if or when it will be replaced?

Jan 07 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Chris,

We have not found the boat yet. We are going out this weekend to look again. 

We still have more than 50 lakes with boats and less than 10 without a boat. Hopefully one of the others will work until we get the boat issue resolved. 

By design, soil conservations rise and fall quickly. Rising and falling lakes cause boats to get swept up. We have "lost" boats at a few club lakes over the years, all on soil conservations lakes. 

We lost the boat at Tom Bean 9G Ranch a year ago. The boat will not be replaced at 9G. The ranch is for sale and the lake stays completely booked without a boat. So, unless the owners take the ranch off the market Tom Beam will be for members who have their own boat. 

Jan 07 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the update Steve. 

I don’t have a boat yet.  Still looking at some options so for now just looking at the lakes with boats and bringing my tm and battery.  This lake is an easy drive from FW so I definitely want to fish it one day.

Jan 09 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

The boat has been found and is now back in its place. Please note that the lake rises and falls quickly. So, please remember to tie off the boat with the rope provided to a tree at least 50 feet from the waters edge. It ia always appreciated to carry the boat (not drag) the boat up hill or pick up to put back (not drag).