Cold and Raining but Fish Were Already Wet

Dec 10 2018

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Lago E. Thursday…...........started around 8:30 AM and went to around 4:30 PM. Caught around 30 fish with Square Bills and Z Craw Carolina Rig producing the most catch results. Tough day with rain and drizzle most of the day…..........easier day on the fish since they were already wet. Targeted big fish a lot with a deep diver but no takers. Was not really going for numbers at all….............wanted to find that big girl but it was not in the cards this time. 100% of the lake was accessible by boat and the water level was up over the fixed stationary pier. We will be back. Love this property and this lake. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all PWF Members wishing you and your families the best from the Pruitt Brothers :)

Dec 19 2018

Blake Posey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great Report. Where were you dragging the carolina Rig? Alot of trees on the north end so I assume it was near the dam? Merry Christmas.

Dec 20 2018

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

We covered the entire lake and can't say one area produced more than another….........we literally caught 30 fish scattered all over with little to very little pattern on a specific area. We fished both boats so we could cover more ground. Had we both fished out of the same boat I think our numbers would have been much less than it was. It was just a tough day…..........this lake usually produces much better numbers, weather system just slowed down the the over all outcome of catching lots with some decent kicker fish. Still one of our favorites for the San Antonio area…...............nice facility and set up. Merry Christmas to you and your family Blake :)

Dec 21 2018

Blake Posey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you for the response. Yes we love that place as well. Only fished it once in may and our trip got cut short cuz of a monster storm that rolled through around 4 in the afternoon. At that point we had caught easily 50 fish and the bite was only getting better. We caught them all over as well. The bigger fish came from the deep trees and by the floating dock.  Merry Christmas to you as well!! I’m ready for the pre spawn!!

Dec 21 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

My best have either been along the dam or near the large standing timbers on the far side of the property. 

Bill Fetech