Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 19774
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/03/2018 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7
Lures Used : Plastics

Made it across the lake to the flats and caught 6 small ones. Tried to get to the old pond dam and old man wind blew us right by it. Ten pound anchor with forty pounds of weeds would not hold. Made it slowly back to dock where we caught a nice 20 incher on a senko.  The lake is running steady over the spillway. You can see on the dock piers the scrape marks that the dock went to the top of the piers.  We got to see three Mexican eagles eating a road kill on fm200. Also saw a road runner.  Without the wind this day was headed towards a 30 fish day. Oh well Mother Nature gave us a little set back. 

Nov 04 2018

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report.  I have never fished this property, but I have a reservation there in a couple of weeks.  I was hoping you could give me some insight into the club boat situation there.  I know they have a small pontoon.  I currently use a Minn Kota Endura Max 45lb trolling motor.  Do you think that will be sufficient to handle the pontoon in the wind?  

Thanks,

Nov 04 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

If the winds are over 25 mph like yesterday with gusts to 28 you will not make any progress if winds are directly from the south.  If you get southeast winds you be fine. Use the small pontoon boat the other boat I wasn't sure if it leaked as I saw water in the bottom and a bailing can. You should be ok.  If the weather stays warm don't try to bank fish as the rattlers might be active.  Plus road going north from dock as some low points. Ted the owner told me a member got stuck there and had to be towed out. The road to spillway still had afoot of water going over it.  The road in is great it is all rock.  Use plastics, flukes, senkos. I throw them weighless . I would start by going directly across from dock to area I call the flats. Position you boat to be able to cast to shore. The strike zone is usually 3 to 8 feet off the bank on the drop. I like watermelon seed and red shad colors. Red shad for senko and watermelon seed for fluke. After the flats head north around corner to the old pond dam. If you use gogle earth you can see the old dam. Fish both sides of dam and in that cove. Then head out north and there will be a stand of trees. Use a sexy shad or silver rattletrap. I have caught some 20" to 24" with a former member  ( Steven Scheller CPA, RIP). From there head south and fish both corners of dam and all along dam. Cast to dam and be ready at 8' off shore. When leaving dam go up west side towards flats always a few. Be very careful in north end as tree trunks will probably be just below surface.  There is an area in the south end about 100 or 150 years from dam in the middle lake with some trunks. Yesterday the timber was a foot below my prop.  Yesterday was tough fishing you should do better, maybe a 30 fish day. Over the years big bass (double digit).  have been caught.  I caught a big one right at the dock on a wacky bubblegum worm years ago. You never know until you set that hook. Beautiful setting.

Nov 04 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

100 to 150 yards not years.

Nov 04 2018

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Awesome.  Thanks for all the info.  I’m sure I will put some of those tactics to use.  I will have my wife and kids on this trip so I wanted to pick a lake where everyone could get involved.  I figure my wife and daughter, who is 7, could fish from the dock for some of those big bluegill I’ve heard about while my son and I hit the water in the boat and go after the Bass. 

Nov 04 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

For the bluegills find a cheap loaf of real fresh white bread.  Set her up with a number 8 hook and bobber. Start chumming some pea size white bread balls in water at the right corner near the old skow boat.  Once you start the feeding frenzy let her drop her line in white you chum a few more. Bingo.  The fresh doughy bread makes bread balls that hold together.  Just rip the crust into small piece to float on top.  She will have a blast.

Nov 04 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Bring chairs as the dock planks are dirty and a life jacket for her.