Great Day in Decatur

Oct 30 2018

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Waterboo today.  Lake is full and clear and fish were many and healthy.  Caught 34 all on the fly rod with top water frogs, lunch money and black wooly buggers.  The fish were mostly little guys but all the little guys seem to be getting bigger and were great fun on the fly.  Can’t wait for all these bass to grow up.  

Oct 30 2018

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great day with fly rod, congrats. 

Oct 30 2018

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Kevin,

Thanks for the report.  I’m heading out to Waterboo on Saturday with my 13 year old son.  This will be our 2nd trip since joining the club 2 weeks ago.  We fished Angel last  weekend and it was chocolate milk due to the rain a couple days before and as such we didn’t fair to we’ll.  Looking for some redemption.  Hopefully we can get on them.  

Oct 30 2018

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Waterboo is a great place and you and your son should have a blast.  

Oct 31 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Chris pickup a couple of Beetle spins, with white grub tail.  Your 13 year old should have a blast.  Maybe a NED rig in green pumpkin would work too.  I also threw a weightless zoom watermelon seed fluke. Of course a ribbit frog could be fun.  Have a great day, the weather should be nice.

Oct 31 2018

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks Robert.  

Beetle spins are for sure in our arsenal.

Oct 31 2018

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

What is the boat situation at Waterboo.  The description says there is a jon boat.  Was planning to bring my TM and battery.

Thanks for the help.

CH

Oct 31 2018

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

The club john boat was there and looked good to go.  I wade and fish out of a kayak.

Oct 31 2018

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

If this old man can remember it is a brand new Jon boat, nice and wide.   Now when you get to where the boat is located the road is above and the boat sits below. Backup a little and if it is dry you can easily drive down to it, I just question the drive back up in a two wheel drive pickup as it was grass when I was there. With a 13 year old if needed you could carry its not far.  You should be fine as it is not that steep just a gradual incline.  If anybody else remembers pleas chime in.  Have a great time and let's see a report.

Oct 31 2018

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks guys.  I’ll be back with a report.