A Relaxing Day Out at Timber Lake

Oct 04 2018

Murrie Holland

Fry

Number of Posts :

Just a quick report to say that I enjoyed fishing at Timber Lake on Tuesday of this week.  I had the day off from work and drove into Sulphur Springs late on Monday night and stayed at the Hampton Inn just off Interstate 30.  I had big plans to get out to the lake bright and early and really get after the morning bite on Tuesday.  Well, the alarm clock went off on Tuesday morning and I looked up and saw the AC set on 68 degrees and I said, well, let’s maybe enjoy this just a little bit longer.  As a result, I didn’t end up getting out to the property until about 9 am.  Yeah, I know, I am SO BAD!

I ended up fishing a little over 4 hours that day as I came back into town and put a really big dent in the lunch menu at Juan Pablo’s!  I mean that Tex-Mex did not stand a chance.

Ended up catching right at 10 bass and I culled 2 of the fish.  Below are a few pictures (I was fishing by myself and I likely took the pictures at the wrong angle so I am sorry about that)!

I fished in the V hull silver boat and it went well.  I was actually hoping to use the green boat closest to the water but the plug seemed to be missing in the back of the boat and there is also a noticeable rusted out hole in the back corner that kept me from using the green boat.

All in all, it was a fun day filled with relaxation and plenty of good food.  I wished I had fished longer than I did, but you have to enjoy those days off from work when you get them!

The biggest fish came on a shad colored Yellow Magic popper at the mouth of the left creek arm out in the middle of the timber.  Other fish came on either a swim jig or a moderate size shad colored swimbait that I was fishing 3 to 5 feet below the surface around the main lake point area.  I didn’t have any luck way back in either creek arm.