Rudi Reetz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 19457
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/16/2018 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 27 LMB. 5.2# best
Lures Used : Soft plastic - Flukes, worms

Fished 7am to noon and winds were very light. Caught 27 bass. Mostly very small. Only probably 5 fish over 14". Best was 5.2 lbs. Fished mostly flukes and wacky worms and had to be really slow. Half dozen blow ups on Frog in morning but nothing caught. Caught them in a variety of locations and depths. Most in or near the nice healthy hydrilla. Most in 3 foot to 8 foot of water. Lake is down 2-3 feet. There is no mini-pontoon boat like in the description and the boat "house" looks like it was replaced with a nice floating dock. Only places we did not catch any bass were in or around the marked brush piles.  Really nice property and concrete boat ramp.

Sep 17 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Rudi,

Thanks for the report. We do our best to accurately describe each property to set expectations. Pecan Springs Ranch does not offer a boat house or mini pontoon boat and I could not find it in the description. I wonder if it is confused with Pecan Gap which does have a mini pontoon boat and Cleburne Six O Ranch that does have a boat house?

Thanks

Steve

Sep 17 2018

Rudi Reetz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Steve,

You are correct!!  My mistake.  I looked at so many locations when the Duck Hunting in the morning became an issue, then I confused the locations.  This is a really nice property. Well maintained and convenient to 35.  I would also add the tip that the property directions are the best way to drive here.  On the map. it looks like coming from the south is closer to 35, but the road is much nicer and divided if you take FM 876 from north.  The south route is narrower and has many sharp blind turns.

—Rudi