Nice morning at Rock Chimney

Aug 14 2018

Tom Strother

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I fished Rock Chimney this morning from 6:30 until 10:30.  The session resulted in 7 landed, two lost at the boat and numerous misses.  No dinks with the catch ranging from 1lb to 4.6 lbs.  Texas rigged Power Worms, unweighted swim sencos and spinner rigged sencos were the baits.  Water looks good but a bit low , as indicated in prior report.  Most were taken from the launch area to the mouth of the creek.

I spoke with land owner John's wife as I was finishing.  She was on her way to visit John in Houston as he recovers from recent back surgery.   Wishing a speedy recover for John.  He most always visits his guests and serves as a generous host.

Aug 16 2018

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I second Tom's best wishes for John's recovery, I know he has been hurting for quite a while.  He almost always stops by for a chat and genuinely wants all of us anglers to be successful and enjoy his lake.

Aug 17 2018

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Rock Chimney is one of my favorite tanks to fish and I always enjoy shooting the breeze with the owner on each visit! Joining in with Tom and John and wishing him a successful recovery!!

Bob 

Aug 20 2018

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Get well soon, John!  You always make me so welcome when I visit your beautiful ranch!  I pray that God will heal you completely.

Godspeed!

-bruce