7-30-18

Jul 30 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fished here from 7 am till noon. Weather was mostly cloudy and light winds. Surface temps up to 88 degrees and lake is 2.5 feet low. There is very little vegetation in the water. No rim of weeds on the bank due to low water according to the owner. Mr . Stanley. A very friendly man. Caught 12 fish up to 4.5 lbs mostly from the launch area and along the bank by the pavilion. Most on CR black/chartreuse tail zoom lizard. One on a crank bait, 1 on spinner bait and one on a TR senko. No dinks, healthy 1.5 to 3 lb. fish. Forgot how hard they fight and how often they jump. Enjoyed the day. also caught the 4,5 by rotten dock pilings by launch

Jul 31 2018

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Steve,

Not a bad morning given the recent heat wave putting many bass in a "harder to catch" mood.  Given the low water, were the two creeks navigable for a kayak?

John

Aug 01 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

John:

I did go into the mouth of the southern creek arm and do not think a Kayak would have a problem. In retrospect, with the lack of vegetation in the main lake I wish I would have gone in further and fished the stumps up the creek. Did not go into the other creek, but did catch some fish off stumps between that creek and towards the pavilion.

Good luck