Hot & Windy Slow Fishing Day

Jul 05 2018

Dennis Kubeczka

Fry

Number of Posts :

My wife and I fished the morning on Sunday, 7/1. This was my first time at this lake. It was nice early with some cloud cover and some wind. Clouds moved off pretty quickly and wind picked up. We didn't have much luck that day with only 2 bass landed. Both were fairly small (2 lbs and less than a pound). My wife missed on 4 with one of those breaking the line at the boat. All fish caught and missed were on the northeast part of the lake. Fish caught were on crankbait and rattle trap. Fish missed were on swim jig, swim bait and frog. We tried just about everything we had in the bag but with no luck.

All though we didn't have much luck on this day, we enjoyed getting out there and will make more trips there. Hopefully under better conditions and with more success. It is a really nice property and the land owner was very nice as he came and visited for a few minutes as we were loading up the boat to leave.

Water was only clear to about a foot. I know I should have but, never paid attention to the water temp.

Thanks for reading

Dennis K.

Jul 05 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Dennis:

Have had fairly good success the on a TR watermelon senko and a pumpkin fire tail 7 inch lizard. Need to get back there. I have enjoyed this property

Jul 05 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

watermelon red feck senko

Jul 06 2018

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Dennis,

That water clarity is typical for this property (worse in the creeks).  I've found that sometimes the bass are in the two creeks and sometimes they are in the main lake.  I tend to find them by trial & error rather than by great predictions.  Mr Stanley is a very personable landowner.

John