Decent fishing, good looking lake

Jun 24 2018

James Roberts

Fry

Number of Posts :

Spent half a day on Father's Day out at Cleburne at the six o Ranch. Lake and the surrounding area is very picturesque. Water was Gin clear with visibility around 10 to 12 ft. Lots of standing timber in deep water. Plenty of vegetation around the edges of the lake. Vegetation is very fishable with long strands coming up from the bottom. Not very Mossy and easy to drag Texas rigs or other soft Plastics through without fouling hooks. Pretty decent frog bite throughout the day on the vegetation mats. Definitely was Stronger when the sun was behind the clouds though. Had some success on heavily weighted soft Plastics drug through Timber and also paddle tail swimbaits along the clearly defined weed edges. The bite was okay, biggest fish went about four and a half pounds. Most bass that were caught could have used a meal. Lots of big bluegill present and would be an excellent Lake to bring the kiddos to to panfish. Even though the lake is 2 hours from my home I probably would fish it again as I'm curious to see the lake rebound from this culling that is going on. Lake has a ton of potential.

Posted By: James Roberts