We caught some pellets out of the fish feeder (but nothing else)

Jun 20 2018

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Tom Dillon and I fished the afternoon at Pecan Gap, arriving at the lake about 3 pm and being driven off the water at 8 pm by lightening. The water level is a bit low and the water temperature was in the high 80's, the perimeter covered with a thick vegetation mat particularly in the southern end of the lake.

We caught no fish. Not a one.  Not even a real strike. 

We threw the proverbial book at them….topwater including HBF, buzzbait and poppers, worms in every color, size and configuration, craws, creature baits large and small, chatterbait, lipless cranks, spinner baits, jigs with and without trailers and also tried punching thru the vegetation.  Nothing worked.

The most excitement we had was, when approaching a feeding platform to try some Senko's, the feeder discharged showering us with pellets. That was for both of us, a first.

In spite of no fish however,  it was  another beautiful day on a PWF property. 

Posted By: David May

Jun 21 2018

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

This happened to me and Keith barfield a couple weeks back.  Keith caught one dink, and I had one Big bite on a top water but she missed it.  

Jun 23 2018

Jerry Gaither

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I had the same results on Friday (6-22). Fished the morning from 6;30 to 12 without a single bite.