Timber Lake 6/18/18

Jun 19 2018

James Stewart

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Went back to one of my favorite lakes for a full day on Saturday 6/18; Darryl joined me for the morning but had to leave at lunch to get home for his daughter's birthday party.  

The fishing was very good early on Yellow Magics (bone and white) and a white frog.  That lasted until about 9 or so, then we switched over to flukes, senkos, and texas rigs.  combined, we caught about 40 with the largest at just over 4 pounds.  after a long lunch (under my bimini top), i got back at it about 1:30.  I continued to catch them on texas rigs on the main lake point, and as the sun got lower, moved back to the edge of the weeds with the Yellow Magic.  The YM was hot, and twice i caught bass on 4 consecutive casts.  Ended up boating 25 or so in the afternoon.  I harvested 12 fish, and all the others were between 2.5 and 4.0 pounds.

Where are the big fish in this lake????

The best worm was the purple fire tail, but we caught fish on just about everything we tried.

Water level was down probably 1.5 to 2.0 feet and was very clear.  Weeds grew out to about 6 feet deep, which formed a great edge to fish.   Temps were 86 to 91.  The owner came out in the afternoon and put several bags of fertilizer in the water along the dam.  Overall, the fish seemed to be average to above average weight for their length.

Great lake; really fun to fish.  Just wish i knew why we can't find any big ones.

Posted By: James Stewart

Jun 19 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

One of Michael and my best days at a PWF property came on this lake.  A green pumpkin chatterbait with a dipped craw trailer and a white swimjig did our damage.  Also a crankbait and a rattle trap on the outer edge of the trees toward the main body of water. Did you fish out there a lil deeper?  I love this lake. Can't wait to fish deer trail in a couple years.  That will make for an awesome weekend.