(Updated with Baits Shown) 26 Pound 5 Fish Sack - 65 Fish Total and The Lake is in Awesome Shape

Jun 18 2018

Philip Pruitt

Fry

Number of Posts :

We arrived later than we hoped. Got launched at 7:30 AM and started grinding it out right away. Very slow bite with occasional success. 

This lake is in awesome shape. Absolutely no vegetation to deal with. The water color is perfect for hindering grass growth. Well fertilized and nice bloom. This time of year, lots of the forum post have complaints of fighting the vegetation. Book this lake soon. 100% fishable with no pesky weed growth. When the wind gets to much to handle crossing the road bridge and fishing the small end of the lake is very relaxing and always produces some numbers and an occasional hefty. 

We did break for 5 minutes to eat a bacon sandwich. Our lunch breaks don't last long, always thinking that is when the big one could bite.

Fishing the bank around the two (2) auto fish feeders at the dam end produced the two biggest fish. An 8 pounder and a 6 pounder ................ some 4 pounders were caught all over the lake in various locations. OK :) and the one that got away, pretty convinced was a double D. Fierce fight and was getting ready to lip that bad girl and she made a quick left turned right at the kayak which was her way of defining catch and release. What a pig she was, would of loved a family photo with her but she had other plans. 

It is summer time in Texas! Wearing lots of sunscreen is a must. Sitting on a lake all day will lend itself to some bad burn unless you protect up. Moisture wicking long sleeves, long pants and a head mask is my way of not greasing up with sunscreen and still getting the protection needed. Lots of hydration all day even when you are not thirsty. Nothing worse that letting the heat overtake you from not staying covered and hydrated. 

We had to get off the lake early around 5:30 PM…...............boat storage closes at 10 PM so the drive back to Deer Park and cleaning the boats up puts us at a disadvantage on fishing until dark like we want to.

Thank you Lord for another awesome memorable day on a PWF Lake and an awesome Fathers Day Weekend! 

Posted By: Philip Pruitt

Jun 18 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

You guys almost always have great days fishing. We certainly have all levels and types of fisherman. I put you guys in the elite level. 

Thanks for sharing and always a great thorough write up. 

Jun 18 2018

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Philip,

Nice day! What was the weapon(s) of choice?

Andy

Jun 18 2018

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Well done, Philip. Nice report, and glad you had a great trip!

Jun 18 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Wayne, I too am fair complected and burn easily. I agree on covering up.  So when you guys get a "Team Pruitt" shirt made be sure I get the first XXL and if it's long sleeve with a hood that'd be great.   Keep smackin those big girls around my friend.  Congratulations!