Beaver Lake June 9th

Jun 11 2018

Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished Beaver Lake with my wife and 8 year old son on June 9th.  We fished from about 6:45 AM til about 3:30 pm.  It was sunny and hot.  Wind was off and on.  I lost track of how many fish we caught but it was in the 40-50 range.  Most were under 14” but about a dozen over 2 lbs and a couple that were pushing 4 lbs.  My scale was broken so I didn’t get exact weights.   Lake is full of grass and water is pretty clear.  Caught 1 small fish on a frog on my second cast. No top water bites after that.  Wacky rigged Senko style baits worked best the rest of the day,  Bass Pro brand in the Bluegill color produced best.  Also some of the better fish came on a bluegill colored chatterbait.  It was tough working it through all that grass, but rewarding.  Bite slowed around 10:30 so we stopped for lunch.  It was still slow for a while after lunch but was able to pick up a few by flipping a Texas rigged Yamamoto Hula Grub into the holes in the grass.  Light weight, no peg was key.  They seemed to want a slower fall rate.  There was another flurry of bites from about 1:30 pm to 3 pm, doing most of our damage with Senkos again.  Most of our bites came out in the middle of the lake where the grass was a few feet below the surface.  We would just anchor out there and thoroughly work and area, then move over a little ways and do it again.  If you want to use that tactic you will need to bring an anchor.  Club boat doesn’t have one.  All in all, it was a good day.  My son caught more than me and more of the bigger fish, so he’s been doing a lot of smack talking ever since.  I would definitely recommend this lake if you have kids.  You will get a good number of bites to keep them interested with a chance for them to hook onto a larger fish.  

Posted By: Jason Owens