Grass but pleasant at Bridle Oaks

Jun 10 2018

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Spent Saturday morning fishing Bridle Oaks Ranch.  Lots and lots of grass.  New boat is floating in the NE corner and couldn't get to it due to amount of grass.  Not sure if storm blew it into water or what.  Used larger older jon boat and it was sea worthy so was fine.  Actually a larger boat than the new one.  Did have to drag it over by the boat house to launch it.  The normal boat launch area doesn't have enough water in the little cove to make that area workable.

Caught 19 fish and only 3 culled.  All but two were caught on wacky senkos.  Color didn't seem to matter much.  Hit anything from pumpkin to bubble gum.  Also caught two on a red lizard texas rigged and tossed on top of weed mats and they hit it when it fell off the edge.  Grass made it pretty tough to fish anything but senko type baits.  Tried a lipless crank and each cast came back with grass.  All but two fish caught on the south side by the solar panel.

I did catch my PB on this lake.  Seems live every trip I would catch the same fish 15-25 times.  All hard fighting 2-3 lbs or so.  This trip I was able to stick a 4.25lb fish.  Made the trip worth it for sure.  Nice day and enough cloud cover to make a summer morning outing very pleasant. 

Posted By: Jamie Kechely

Jun 10 2018

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Jamie

What’s your PB? The couple times I’ve been there I would catch a ton of fish but everything was sub 2lbs. Good to know there are bigger fish in that lake.

Andy

Jun 10 2018

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Sorry Andy poorly written on my part.  I meant best fish I had ever caught on this particular lake was the 4.25 yesterday.  That 4.25 should have been a 6+ fish but was extremely skinny.

Jun 10 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Jamie:

I agree. The lake is full of 1 to 3 lb bass. I like fishing it during the winter because much of the grass goes dormant allowing use of a variety of baits. Don't get to cull many fish there. Rogs and buzzbaits work there often early