5-27-18

May 28 2018

Scott Porto

Fry

Number of Posts :

We were able to get in a little fishing over this holiday weekend. We fished the big lake in the morning using a spinner bait, plastics and a frog. Caught a surprise using the frog, it was a bull frog. He was 13 inches long. First time I have every caught a bull frog fishing before. We moved to the small lake in the afternoon. We stopped fishing around 3 pm as it just got to hot. We were about to land 36 fish and removed 26. Biggest was 5.10 with several in the 3 & 4 pound range. Most of the fish that we caught in the small lake were on plastics with the biggest being caught on a spinner bait.

Posted By: Scott Porto

May 29 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

That is awesome. I've had several pictures for folks catching bullfrogs over the years. Rick and Mike Svoboda sent some pictures  a few years back. Love that pic. Thanks for sharing. How many fish came from the big lake and how many from the small lake? 

May 29 2018

Scott Porto

Fry

Number of Posts :

I don't remember the exact numbers but approximately 20 from the big lake with returning only 1. The rest from the small lake and returned them all if I remember correctly. The bigger fish are definitely in the small lake.