Lago Escondido Produces a Nice 1/2 Day of Fishing with a 7 1/2 Pounder

Feb 20 2018

Philip Pruitt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Started the morning off trying to establish a pattern…............no pattern to be found. Threw everything in the tackle box at them and they just weren't ready. No definite dinner bell ringing yet for this lake. But it is coming with more warming trends and the spawn soon to follow. Ended up with 5 over 3 pounds and 7 dinks. A real nice 7 1/2 pounder inhaled a rage chatter bait with a zoom z craw trailer (see the photos below of the fish and bait) and a very tight line was the result. Nice beauty and gave her a Bill Dance kiss just before releasing her. This lake property is amazing and a true gem for the PWF members. Always look forward to spending a day on the lake here. By the way, the water level is full up with no weed growth on top so 100% of the lake is fishable. The wind was brutal, so after half a day of fishing it was time to head back to Houston. Really hate not fishing until dark and getting a full day in but the wind was just insane. And the protected side of the lake from wind produced Zero Fish…......................planning to attend the fish fry and member get together at Lago E. coming up in March. 

Posted By: Philip Pruitt

Feb 20 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Very nice fish Philip. The wind was crazy at bridal springs yesterday too. Need to make it down to the San Antonio area to fish those lakes. About 2and half hours from here.

Feb 20 2018

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

Chatterbaits are big fish baits, and I especially like the Rage Chatter Baits; although, I use Z-man quite often too. 

Feb 20 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Philip. Nice fish!!  I was there on Friday morning and had great success bumping a square bill off sunken time in about 8 ft of water. Where did you catch the 7#?

I will be attending the member fish fry at the end of the month also. See you there. 

Bill

Feb 20 2018

Philip Pruitt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Caught the big girl facing the bank looking at the pavilion just 30 feet away from the floating dock. 

Feb 20 2018

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Very well done, Philip! Beautiful big girl!