Hat and Star 11/20/17

Nov 21 2017

James Stewart

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Went to H&S on Monday the 20th; still trying to figure out the secrets of this lake.  

launched at 7 with my fishing/golfing buddy Darryl.  air temps were in the mid-30's and the water temp was 62.  little or no wind and a heavy fog over the lake.  we caught 3 in the first hour, all on a black buzz bait, with the largest being 6.04 and another just over 4.  About 9, the wind started blowing and it got cold.  we fished hard until lunch time with no more fish.  I had to make a run into Gilmer at that time to get a new plug for the trailer wiring.  We found a quiet spot in one of the coves, in the sun and out of the wind, to eat lunch.

the afternoon was more of the same - cast and reel.   Ended up catching 2 more on a drop shot.

So, for the day, we had 5 total (1 harvested).   nothing on topwaters (my bone pro sizzle let me down).  nothing on texas rigs, carolina rigs, swimbaits, flukes, senkos, squarebills, or bladed jigs.  I just don't get this lake; looks like fish should be everywhere, but i can't find them.   Beautiful lake, great property, easy to get to and no problem launching my boat.

Posted By: James Stewart

Nov 21 2017

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

James, as much as you fish hat and star, eventually it's going to pay off.   Keep casting.