Great day at the 60 ranch

Jul 14 2017

David Vaughan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Well guys I have a new my favorite spot the 60 ranch is awesome the owners Kim and Ted Reeves have a beautiful place this lake is full of big fish I started my day out at 6:15 second CasT A bigo mama and then it didn't stop for two hours before 15 more fish all between five and 8 pounds at least only two little dinks 

And the last thing I have to say is if a man leaves home without a rattletrap he should go back to bed.      

It was one of the most for fulfilling fishing days I ever had         

Posted By: David Vaughan

Jul 14 2017

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great catch David.

Steve

Jul 14 2017

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great fish David!  I'm hoping you bring that luck to Pecan Springs Ranch on Sunday.

Jul 14 2017

David Vaughan

Fry

Number of Posts :

You know how to find good Properties Steve and we sure appreciate

Jul 17 2017

Bryan Rumfield

Fry

Number of Posts :

What area of the lake were you catching them in the morning?

Jul 17 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Congratulations, David! That ws an awesome day!

Jul 18 2017

David Vaughan

Fry

Number of Posts :

From the dock go straight across the lake there's two forks one of them has a pond below it on both of those forks I was wearing him out I got tired and went home

It's a beautiful place you will catch fish all over

Jul 18 2017

David Vaughan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Tom these are the days we strive for they leave impressed  memories we never forget

Jul 18 2017

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

There are quality fish in that lake as you have found them.  In July I have found the big ones sometimes straight off the dock in a school using either a gold rattletrap or a sexy shad square bill. I would cast just north of that tree and nail them fish after fish.  The biggest one I ever caught was at the dock ramp on a bubblegum trick worm in 3 feet of water. It was chasing small gills and I put that worm 5 feet in front of it.  The largest we never caught was on a bed on east side. Put everything in that bed, night stands, TV, Chester drawers, jigs, worms, flukes and lizards and she just wouldn't bite.  When a hatch is on the lake in the evening you can catch a mess of coppernose with a Johnson beetle spin black or a rooster tail. The old dam is always good for catching a mess of bass.  If you can take the summer heat or can get up extra early, fun awaits you.  Glad you had a great day and now great memories.

Jul 18 2017

David Vaughan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Robert thank you for telling me the other places to find them

I love it there I'm going Sunday I'm bringing some guest

Jul 19 2017

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Sometimes the dam at south end is very productive.  I usually would throw a fluke to the shore then work it to about 6 to 10 feet off the bank and then let it drop.  The entire west side late afternoon once it is catching shadows can be excellent too.  Late afternoon till dark the east side from dock to north end can be a great top water bite. The flats directly across from dock (cove) has some kind of monster in it.  My partner and I experienced it but could not identify it. It was big and dark and stirred up the bottom. I'd say big foot but y'all think I was crazy.  I was just waiting for its arms to come out of the water and grab the boat. I've never had much success fishing in the timber on north end but a fellow member (RIP) nailed a couple of beauties on jigs. Have fun, I need to get my grandkids out for a day of coppernose action.

Jul 19 2017

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Robert:

Where is the old dam located?

Thank you

Jul 19 2017

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Looking straight across from the end of the dock. The first cove is directly across and I call that one the flats. The nest cove to your right or north is the old tank. At the mouth of it is the old dam in a lazy U shape.  Go to google maps or earth and pull up the ranch and you can distinctly see the dam. Looking at the dam the left side is always loaded with fish. The right side and starting down the bank to the next cove I have always caught some quality fish on cranks and traps. Especially at the start of the third cove where the tree stumps are still standing.  The dam probably 8 feet down. During the drought it was exposed and you could only enter the cove on the right side.  Take a rope with you and tie to the stumps. I take like fifty feet and slow let it out to cover all the area.  Have fun.

Jul 19 2017

David Vaughan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Robert I sure thank you for this I would love to meet you out there and fish with you my number is 214-575-5559

David vaughan

Jul 20 2017

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

David I will give you a call once we get a break in the weather.  Plus I have lots of travel planned over the next couple of months. Just got back from Black Hills of South Dakota, took the grand kids for a great vacation.  Six O has a great setting and plenty of water to fish.  The quality of Bass at Six O has made a big improvement from 10 years ago.  Back then Bass had an 8 pound head on a two pound body.  Now you can get some quality  fish. Thank you Privatewaterfishing .

Jul 22 2017

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Robert:

Really appreciate the information

Steve