Afternoon at Cody ranch

Jun 11 2017

Randy Smejkal

Fry

Number of Posts :

The morning was good on the twin lakes but nothing compares to the afternoon I had at peach creek.  I have to to tell you that I didn't decide to go to the Cody ranch until Friday afternoon.  Chris and I got into the water and I decided to try a top water popper. First cast, BAM a 6lb 15oz hawg.  Second cast, 3.5.  Good start to say the least.  The wind was strong out of the southwest and it was hard to fish.  I switched to a spinnerbait to run it just above the moss and was rewarded with another 6-15 monster.  Along the way I had landed several in the 4-4.5 range.  The wind was beating me up, so I started heading back and low and behold, BAM a 7.25 hawg.  I got back to where I caught the first fish and again switched to a top water popper.  I proceeded to catch a 5.0, three 4.5s and lost 3 that I know were at least 4.5 and probably closer to 5 or 6.  And I got pictures.  Never caught any dinks, even the smaller one were in th 15" size.  None were harvested.  My best 5 totaled over 30 lbs.  WOW!!!  Just decided to go on a whim.  My son-in-law Chris could only watch and take pics as I had all the luck today.  He did catch several 4 lbers.  

Posted By: Randy Smejkal

Jun 11 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Y'all did well, Randy - congratulations for a couple of nice days up there near Centrahoma! You now know why several of our members - myself included - love fishing at Cody Ranch so much.

Jun 13 2017

Randy Smejkal

Fry

Number of Posts :

I fished Cody ranch before private waters acquired it. Dan Cody called diamond sporting and sold day passes a long time ago. I have just continued to go there. However, Saturday at Peachcreek was the best day I've had there.  Good luck!

Jun 14 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Yes, I'd say that 10 bass for almost 52 pounds was a pretty good day!