Smith Ranch

Aug 01 2015

Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Smith Ranch morning of 7/31/15.Caught 12 bass,12 small bream and two crappie.The largest bass was 5lbs,nine were healthy fish in the 14 to 16 inch range and two were about 12".

The water was not as clear as it was five weeks ago nor were the fish as active.Maybe the full moon had an impact.I was unable to locate any spawning bream. No top water,fluke nor woolly bugger bites.Two on TX rig worms and the rest on wacky worms.The lake water was reasonably clear and grass was not an issue.All the fish including bream were in the mid section with nothing at either end.

The gate at the new entry does not have a Privatewater sign as of today but it is easily located.Going through to corral area in the dark the first time was a little ify but once you see the path it is no problem.I got out and walked the area to be sure I was going the right direction.After a rain there is a section going through the corral area that may require a four wheel drive.All dirt which would be mud but level and it is rutted from prior usage during rainy periods

Posted By: Joe V. Smith