1/2 day on Flying J

Oct 17 2024

John Ballis

Fry

Number of Posts :

1st time experiencing PWF as a member at Flying J.

I  arrived by 1:30, and we could fish at 5:30 pm, catching 87 fish and culling 79.

Very easy access off HWYn 82  to the location from Lucas, Texas.  Lake was down, likely 5 feet.  I had to launch my small Bass Pro boat down a  steep bank in shallow water

I  arrived in Lucas an hour from my home.

It was sunny all day and had a 94 degree temperature.

Reflecting on harvesting this many fish, I truly feel like we are making a difference. Think about the 87 small Bass this way, understanding that they compete with those larger fish. Yes, it has to make a difference, but I wonder if there is a way to transfer them to other lakes.

The water clarity is good, but with the lake down, and clear water makes it harder to fish different methods with this amount of grass.

I personally feel this lake is great for taking kids out to catch a lot of bass.
We then chopped back through the salad to get back to the ramp. We definitely helped create a boat trail through the very thick vegetation. To get back in, we had to use both trolling motors full blast and a paddle to clear vegetation.  

Last, I want you to know that I caught them on almost every bait I put in front of them.

Oct 20 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great job

i want to fish this very lake more and do the same

It will be an awesome lake