Jason Lee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40949
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 09/14/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 34 one 6#
Lures Used : underspin, mini buzzbait, DT6, wacky, dimiki

Arrived right before sun up. Beautiful day with mild breeze and some cloud cover. Water is low, maybe 3-4ft. Contrary to what the description says, this pond can be fished on the shore. Took my mini buzz bait and walked a lap, securring 9 culls and 1 right at 14”. 

Rigged the kayak and set out. 

Almost all my bites were on the underspin. Wanted to practice the dimiki in deeper waters but couldn’t get much success. Shad balls looked like over 10s of thousands hovering betwen 25-30ft of water. Couldn’t get any bites with the dimiki or even a deep crank (money badger 25ft). Caught maybe 3 dinks on the dimiki in shallower water chasing bait. Those guys on youtube just make it look too easy on the dimiki! 

The underspin cleaned up the schools of dinks throughout the day, most of them were in the North East side, where the vegetation looked the healthiest. 

6# was casting my underspin as far as I could in the North West side (where the submerged wood is) and letting it hit bottom, then slow rolling with bottom contact the whole way back. The other non-culls were like that too, all in the same area. At this part all I’ve been catching were 6 inchers to 12 inchers, so I litterally screamed when that thing jumped out of the water. Took my time and adjusted the drag. My watch thought I was doing a HIIT workout with how fast my heart rate spiked! Made the trip worth it. 

I think the fish here are super spoiled with all the shad in here, so getting the big ones was hard for me. Eric stopped by and he told me he unloaded 50k shad I think sometime in April. The shad were in all different sizes, super tiny to good 4-5 inchers.

Get some flashy owner spinners with largo shad or electric shad swammers yall!