Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40564
Property Name : Red Hollow Lake
Reservation Date : 07/30/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 25 to 1-4 lbs
Lures Used : Senko, frog

Arrived at dawn to beat the heat. Road in is great and easy to launch just past the dock. Overcast and light breeze, water temp already 84! Water clarity to 2’. 
Started with frogs and caught several until about 8 when sun came out full. Switched to TR Senko in pumpkinseed. Caught fish in both lakes but smaller lake was the most fun. It narrows down to a beautiful creek which you might miss if you don't go back far enough. Wind and brush kept me from going too deep but a kayak would be great in there. (See wooded creek photo below.) The fish are mostly in the timber but caught some with no visible cover. There is a LOT of submerged timber in both lakes and very little vegetation!

The heat and wind were wearing us down so we quit around 1:30. Caught about 25 altogether with the biggest at 4# with a TR Senko from a shallow log in the small lake. Several dinks but all were fun to catch!
The dock was handy parking for breaks and I was pleasantly surprised to discover large shade trees near the launch area – perfect for relaxing out of the sun. The new Lowe jon boat is there and the owner is putting in a fish cleaning station. Next will be a rock launch ramp. 
I look forward to fishing there again when it's cooler.