John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40509
Property Name : Willow Lake
Reservation Date : 07/23/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 52
Lures Used : Underspin, Lizard, chatter

Good day to be out on the water. A humid 69-86 air. 
water 85-88 vis about a foot lightly stained 

There are a lot of fish 2 ½ to 3+ pounds. I know there are larger. 
That lake is like 2 bowls side by side with a breach in the middle. Now for the interesting part. There is a fence that runs the entire separation of said bowls. I only caught 3 on north side (dam and launch). All other in south side. The standing baby willows held a lot of fish and was good about reloading. I caught a lot of fish off the fence line middle section of said fence. Bad news a few used that fence to their advantage. I hung one post a couple times. Had fish head to post and wrap up. I did unwrap a couple. The last fish of day I wasn't so lucky. These fish are mean and do what they want to do. Great fighters. 
When I got to the lake at sunrise I figured I would hand launch. Didn't want to chance trailer launch with the Sante Fe. 4WD truck no problem. Joe V pointed out another possible launch. He was correct. I took long limbs and laid them out for the next person. Will include pic in this report. Also beware of stickers, lots of stickers. They will be really bad through September 
Had a lot of fun at Willow. Will do that one again. Thanks PWF and land owner!

Gate not a problem to find. After you relock it, not even a couple hundred yards if that look for a gate less trail on the right. Going down that trail of a road look for a large chunk of concrete. Follow the tire trail. Study you maps 

Jul 25 2024

Sylvester Valdez

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

What an awesome trip! I haven't fished a club lake in Oklahoma yet but after reading your report , I'm going for sure! Great job John!!

Jul 25 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Sylvester Valdez

What an awesome trip! I haven't fished a club lake in Oklahoma yet but after reading your report , I'm going for sure! Great job John!!

If you haven't been to Cody Ranch, your missing a great experience. 8 lakes to choose from. I have fished China, Acker, and Moonshine (my fav and I think bigger fish so far). Those are the 3 newer ones. Acker 4-5 yrs old and putting out over 6lb. Moonshine 6-8 and I seriously believe a 10 will come out of there (hopefully by me,lol). China in the middle weight. Those fish are mean F1’s and got some fight in them. Moonshine I will easily say equals the fight of mighty AA fish. Willow was a fun experience. I will go again, it looks to loose water easily but less places to hide right fishes!